Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

26 March 2011

Quotes

"Jesus died to take away your sins, not your mind."

"God doesn't need our money. God wants our hearts" - Jim Stern

"You are as close to God as you choose to be" - Rick Warren, The Purpose-Driven Life

"Destiny -- God -- rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."

"Your voice is the most important thing you posses, so use it (or don't) on purpose" - Laren Poole, Invisible Children founder

"Do you know what it's like to be half of a whole?" (Mal, Inception)

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose - William Shakespeare

A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts.

Life and death is in the hands of God. - Tass

"That's what life is all about, people. Making the smart choices. Not the fast choices. Or the easy choices. Making the smart choices. That's what life is all about" (Chuck Norris, "Mr. Justice" Walker Texas Ranger).

"I could search for all eternity and find there is none like you"

"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them" (William Shakespeare).

"Worry shows a lack of faith in God" (Francine Rivers).

"I'm strong. I'm too tough for this town [Hollywood]. I won't let it break my heart. I won't let it break me. I'll fight it to the finish. I just wish it was a fight I knew how to fight" (Audie Murphy)

"Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it isn't real." - Anonymous

"I can't ever remember being young in my life" (Audie Murphy)

"Whatever you are, be a good one" (Abraham Lincoln).

"We're not doctors. We're not on call. We freaking work in [fast food, design, computers], not a hospital - we're not on call, but they expect us to be. We don't work in a hospital" (Amanda)

"I don't want you to give up your dreams for me."
"I'm not giving them up. I have new dreams now [and they include you]."

"Next time someone asks what you are going to do in life and you don't know, say, 'Well, I am going to follow Jesus all over the world and hopefully die a martyr.' They'll never ask you again" (Kirk Bennett).

"I'm at war with the world/cause I ain't never gonna sell my soul" (Jon Cooper, Skillet).

"If the media didn't exist, segregation would still be around" (Don Jung).

"It's not {just} the curse. It's the power you give the curse" (Penelope, Penelope).

"You can't let them snuff out your spirit!" (Hounddog)

"Heat cannot be separated from fire, or beauty from The Eternal" (Dante Alighieri)

"Your focus determines your reality."

Don't ever take another man's word for God. Don't ever believe a man just because he says he's right. Always find the truth for yourself. It is too easy to fall into lies and deception. Always check what your pastor is saying against biblical truths and stop treating the Bible like you're at a junior high dance; guys are on one side and girls on the other. - Paraphrase of Jim Stern's words

"The only thing you have 100% control of is your attitude."

"You're missing the point. Seeing isn't believing. Believing is seeing!" - 1200 year old elf from the Santa Clause. This is so true. We see God when we believe in Him.

"Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going" (Rossi, Criminal Minds).

"If you grow 1% everyday in 100 days you've grown 100%."

"There's not much ethics at Ethos University" (Allison, on my story The Ethos Complex).

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" (Eleanor Roosevelt).

"Christianity is a lifestyle."


Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: