Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

12 December 2011

My Phone

Three days after my phone battery dropped down an elevator shaft and remained there, I finally got it back. I had almost 100 text messages that I missed over those three days.

WOW!

After whining to my RA and everyone else and spending too much time on Facebook and email, it returned.

I do, however, see the good in the situation. I was able to study for my finals, since I was not distracted by texting...and yes, texting IS a distraction. Of course, I was also thinking about my poor phone battery the whole time.

How did such a weird thing happen?

I really don't know. I was walking - really, Saturday was a horrible day, remedied only by dinner with Laura and Mike at McDonalds - to the elevator for something, I think laundry, and my phone dropped and broke open...and the battery went down the crack in the elevator. How the battery went down that crack I will never know because I wasn't watching it ... I just heard it hit the bottom. I'm pretty sure my finger got cut off (just teasing - I'm saying my phone is like a body part). And stayed there (because who can get to a battery in a crack in an elevator floor?) for three days - and a weekend, and everyone knows that weekends are a busy time for hotels.

Ugh! I worried about it, I checked on it (meaning I looked down the crack in the elevator when I went down the elevator), and I talked about it. I am sure that everyone is super annoyed about it now and happy that I got it back so that I will shut up about it.

And now Justice [the name of my phone] works again and we are back together and happier than ever.

Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: