Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

28 May 2010

'Avatar' Need I Say More?

I just saw "Avatar" at the dollar theater. Even though most of the ideas from the movie clearly originated from the Native Americans and their struggle, it was still well-crafted and beautiful. I like how the Na'vi won and kicked the humans out of Pandora, except for a few who supported the Na'vi. The director thus said Europeans shouldn't have won in the battle against the Native Americans. The movie managed to succeed in being a social commentary; as 'civilized' people, we shouldn't brutally wipe out a people to get rich quick nor cruelly uproot them for our own gain. Selfishness hurts someone. Even though we can do it, we shouldn't.

It looked like James Cameron spent years creating the movie. I didn't see it in 3D, but if I had, I'm sure it would have been amazing. It won 6 awards and I'm not surprised. The effects were the best. They were absolutely beautiful.


Lots of Love,

Rachel

No comments: