Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

18 July 2011

Bound by Guilt Review

I wasn't sure what to think when I picked up "Bound by Guilt" by C.J. Darlington. I am a huge fan of books and collectable books and so connected to the story's theme right away.

Although the book referenced the characters' faith, it did not seem that God was a central character or really formed the spine of the story. It seemed more like casual reference, a minor character. I understand that Roxi did not know God, and since much of the novel was from her third-person point of view, then it would not wholly be focused on it, but it did seem that anyone, except Jan, really gave her any guidance on the topic of God and even that was vague.

Christy, another character, was only slightly developed.

Still, the feelings Roxi felt and her experiences, while interesting and a bit too convenient, seemed genuine. It was a good novel and I was even surprised by the ending. The only problem was that we did not know what happened to Diego and Irene, although we could guess.

Still, a good book and a great read, probably a 7 on a 10-point scale.

Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: