Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

11 November 2011

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Well, I haven't had any problems with planes or trains. Big shock, as I have nothing to do with any of them.

It all started with an automobile.

Something messed up over the summer - it literally stranded my sister on the highway to St. Charles, needed a new engine and oil - and since then it's been monthly disasters.

Well, we couldn't get a good car fast enough, so we replaced the engine. Then there were oil problems, problems with keeping oil in it - a leak, plus it needed to be changed (it was long overdue). And now the power steering fluid is leaking, which is probably being chalked up to the new engine, since it wasn't doing it before the new engine.

Now I'm going home. Again. I mean, I may live in Cape Girardeau, but I'm pretty sure I reside in St. Louis, very much so. Then again, I've always mailed packages back to St. Louis because I don't "trust" the school system down here. I am finally sending something to myself down here. (Cape is south of St. Louis, pretty much south of any big city. I love Cape.)

So, compounded with fifteen credit hours, increased responsibility at the Arrow where I work, driving home in October and September to work over 20 hours a weekend, increased responsibility within every student organization I'm involved in, and inter-relational conflict, among other things, it's been stressful.

I love it. I swear I do. (The busyness, not the car trouble.) But man I don't know what else I can handle. At least death isn't being thrown in the mix. Actually, scratch that, a relative did die recently (I'm telling you, it's yearly), but I didn't personally know him - my parents did, though.

My help comes from the Lord, whom I can trust.

Cast all your burdens onto the Lord. Christ shares our yoke, and makes it light and easy. I'm worrying/stressing myself out needlessly. Christ provides, comfort, nurturing, and meeting our basic needs. He always has, always will. I'm going into His strong arms right now.

Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: