Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

24 October 2012

No more Facebook and Twitter

So giving up Facebook and Twitter is proving nearly impossible. My phone is connected to both Facebook messages and Twitter updates, so I know when someone sends me a message. I had no idea how much Facebook is used to reach mass amounts of people. Like, I think I knew, but I really didn't know until I tried not to get on it. It was supposed to be for 24 hours. Do you know what can happen in 24 hours? Twenty-four hours is turning in 48 hours. I've never done this before with so much challenge, but as I was praying on Sunday and tweeting updates about the debates and the game, I just realized that I spent three hours doing nothing but watching TV and staring at Twitter and Facebook. It scared me, because the next day I had a test at 8 a.m. (which by the way I felt very comfortable about) and a lot of assignments due, including a presentation, in my night class, and I had just spent three hours on Twitter and Facebook, maybe more. If I had a smartphone, I don't think I'd ever get off it.

Well, I wanted to prove to myself I didn't need it, I didn't have to get on it.

Yeah right.

Honestly, I was afraid some people might have thought I died since I wasn't on it! And geez, they aren't proving me wrong! JK.

But I'm still determined to go a whole day without it. And I mean, trying to do it means I'm spending less time on it, anyway. I got so much done by logging out of Twitter and Facebook - I didn't even consent to email or blogging, text message or calling, I still did those - and I'm surprised. I didn't think I was on it so much, but I really was.

Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: