Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

23 September 2012

Sunday

My great adventure did not end Saturday night with our team meeting.

There was still Sunday.

So I got sick about 8:30 a.m. and woke up - disappointed I couldn't sleep in. I knew I wasn't going back to sleep (thanks, 8 a.m. classes). I texted one of the others and she invited me to breakfast. I go down looking like some sort of bum (I couldn't believe I looked the way I did, but remember I felt a little sick). Well, Reggie's there. He wants to eat breakfast with us. I always looked super professional and put together, so I'm superbly embarrassed about my appearance (I'm in black gym shorts and a purple tank top). Lesson learned in Fashion 101! Always be prepared for anything, including a surprise breakfast with your boss. Everyone was super laid back about it, of course. No one said anything.

Pash and I gave out copies of the Working Press to random people at breakfast. Then we ate. Then Reggie joined us for about thirty minutes; he only ate cereal with bananas. It was awesome when he points at the broadcast reporter on the TV and says, "I was his editor when he was first starting out." He said it so chillaxed and Reggie-like about it that I was like, "Whoa." Pash was too. It was kinda funny. He could easily say that about me in 20 years. (I have no idea how much time had passed since he'd been the man's editor.)

He offered to pay for breakfast but Pash turned him down - for both of us. I gave her my "let-people-bless-us-if-they-want" belief (I'll share it here sometime) after he left. But I wasn't too upset (I really wasn't, Pash). I had spending money and Reggie had been extremely generous the entire trip; he paid for most of our meals.

Pash mentioned wanting to go to Miami. Reggie bummed my phone off me and called a friend, but she didn't pick up. He then told Pash everything she could do in Miami and said it was a great idea. I was sad I couldn't go with her, but I was leaving at 3 p.m.

Reggie said bye. I was sad. He's so nice and fun and awesome. I can see why everyone loves him and why he is so awesome. As far as I know, I do not have his number. There's a random number he called from when he was looking for my address. It's somewhere on my phone, but how can I ever find it?

I managed to get Jen's number. Apparently at one point I was supposed to text her about hanging out Saturday. Since I didn't know the plans, how could I tell anyone else?

At the buffet, I got as much portable non-spoilable food I could stuff in the to-go box for the plane trip. I was getting the most out of that $20 buffet (gratuity included).

After breakfast, Pash and I go our separate ways. Lorraine was waking up and then we went down to meet the rest of the gang. We went to the beach, which I dove into in my clothes (not the jeans). Pash and Ryan swam but the others stayed on the beach. I told Pash the water probably scared them. I love the beach. I think I may have been born to live at the ocean (kidding, living on the coast is mega expensive. Nice to visit though).

I lugged my stuff downstairs to the hotel lobby, where the gang gathered for our last goodbye. Everyone was there.

We laughed, talked, swore to look each other up on Facebook and Twitter (if we hadn't already), joked we'd go to a reunion in Anaheim (yeah, California) for the 2013 national convention, and then we hugged like we'd known each other forever and were moving away from our family.

Then I got on the Go-Shuttle, gave the driver too much of a tip (he was kind of annoying) and wished I'd taken a cab with some of the others so I wasn't alone with annoying driver, silent girl and journalist man. It would have been cheaper. And more fun.

I got in line, got questioned by a gruff TSA worker (it was one question about my sea shells), got my carryon bag checked for free due to a completely-booked flight, and left Fort Lauderdale.

I was so sad to leave. Glad to see my friends in good old Cape, but sad to leave my new friends.

Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: