Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

30 April 2010

Babies, babies, babies!

The adorable precious little angels God gives are everywhere, it seems. I am not pregnant myself; I am still a happy virgin and proud of it. I will be waiting until my wedding night, thank you very much.

I do however know many, many pregnant people. It's strange how excited women get - despite the sickness, they never seem to blame their baby, never once. That's because as women we have a special relationship with children - we carry them inside of us for months, and they live on 3% of what we intake during that time, according to my friend's baby book. They need their mother; without the mother they would die.

It's an amazing gift God has given to us women in spite of the problems we possess. It shows that He does NOT blame us for eating the fruit. It is not, I want to add, women's faults. ADAM, the man who was in charge of the woman, was ALSO there. He was standing right there listening to the snake and did not stop his wife from listening at all. And that is why, really, he got the worst end of the deal.

Anyway, we are blessed. Sure, it's annoying, it's hard, it's tiring, and once the baby comes it's a lifelong commitment (trust me, few kids leave at 18 and never return - my family is the prime example of that).

But still. Holding the baby, feeling its warm body sitting on your lap, holding it while its sleeping, have it smiling at you, kissing you, hugging you, wanting to be near you...it's euphoric and addicting. I can see why mothers become incredibly attached to their children - they were once inside of your body, and now are outside of it, but still want to be part of it. As they grow older they don't want it, but still. At one time they were completely in love with you, and they still are.

So it's that time of the year...babies! I wish I was married so I could have a baby! I'm enjoying my free time, and of course I want a whole flock of children, 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 or a dozen or two dozen. Eventually they just walk right out! lol. I want a lot of arrows in my quiver for the Lord, and I want to bring about new life. I am also fine adopting children, and will probably foster or adopt many, many children. Maybe I can't run an orphanage, but I can adopt one.

No comments: