Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

18 December 2009

The Princess and the Frog

I am watching the Princess and the Frog - Disney's version of the slightly famous fairy tale. It has magic, Disney's recent favorite fad, love, a prince, friendship, hardwork, laziness, wealth, evil, greed, money, a hardworking young woman enslaved to her American dream, and spoiled rich girls.

It also has African-Americans starring in the lead roles of Tiana and the prince, the first for Disney princesses.

I can definitely see little Tiana Barbie dolls coming out and little prince dolls. Not that I would mind. I'm glad Disney is stretching his horizon and incorporating everyone. I'm sure that Spike Lee's comment about racism had no effect on their recent princess choice. Why should it? (Anyone else notice a correlation - money + pressure = new horizons?)

Not that I'm saying Disney is racist. I believe that racism is becoming a thing of the past - but it still ever present in society, like the pink elephant in the living room - only people not used to it questions its presence.


Lots of Love,

Rachel

No comments: