Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

17 December 2009

1 Peter 1:13-16 A Little Commentary

Now I'll write the real blog, even though I enjoy both videos and just had to post them.

1 Peter 1:13-16 says, "Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."

The Lord expects us to mimic him in all behavior. That includes being holy, or set apart, and acting appropriately. God is holy, and can stand no sin. We should act that way as well. Standing and enduring sin is evil.

God does not want us to lose our minds. That's why he wrote prepare your minds for action and renew your minds. He knows our minds are the most important thing he gave us, so he wants us to take care of our minds and bodies. A sick body is not worth much and makes everything slower.

I am reading through the New Testament and will finish on Dec. 31. This is a meaningful Scripture from today. I just got home from college for winter break and am currently finishing up Criminal Minds. It is my all-time favorite show. I haven't gotten my grades yet, but I know I did well.

Lots of Love,

Rachel

No comments: