Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

16 December 2009

College, beliefs, and recent news events

Right now I am preparing to return to my home from college.

I am listening to my music and cleaning out my room. Unfortunately, I will probably have to move next semester. The thing is, no one seems to want me to room with them. Finally I just said, "Screw it." I'm going home tomorrow, Thursday. I'll wait for the consolidation process to discover my new roommate, whoever that may be.

I hope I get a normal roommate who will not pilfer through my stuff and will actually leave the room sometimes (not just for class). With my luck I'll get the person obsessed with studying or watching TV. I also hope I do not end up with a TV next semester. As much as I adore TV, I have enjoyed this semester without it. My grades are good because of it and I have advanced quickly in Farm Town.

I do not know that I want my blog to be a political or religious blog - but I guess what else is there to talk about?

I would not call myself religious. That means I follow an organized set of rules and regulations in an attempt to win favor with God. That is a waste of time. God loves me because He created me, not because I can win Citizen of the Year. God wants us to do good things, but He wants to make sure that I properly fear and respect Him, as well as love Him. He doesn't care about my money or reputation.

Also, I leave the judging up to God. Take Chris Coleman, for example, the man jailed in Monroe County for allegedly killing his wife and sons because he did not want to divorce her so he could keep his job at Joyce Meyer. At least that's the rumor. Does anyone else find that mildly suspicious? How does that even relate to murder? Whose boss could have that much power over someone that he would wipe out his entire family?

I have information that just over a year ago his wife recently told him about her childhood sexual abuse by her grandfather, who also molested her cousins. It was a huge family secret. For their entire marriage he didn't know that, just about her former years when she was promiscious before she met Him and the Lord. She hid it from him - and herself. That tidbit of information makes him look more guilty, like he might be angry she hid such a huge thing from him and only just recently told him. I still find the entire thing pretty sketchy.

Whether or not the man did it is not the question. The question is whether the jury will think he is innocent or guilty. I am glad I am not a jury or in his position, because I leave that kind of judging up to God.

The reason the man does not want any visitors is because he does not want to look at people's faces and know they think he is a child killer. Neither does he want to see pity because he fell so far. Sometimes it seems like his story would have been more believable if he had been spotted in Florida at the exact time of the murders. I bet he wishes he had been there, too.

Lots of Love,

Rachel

No comments: