Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

19 March 2011

As I'm sitting here listening to RadioU on my iTunes on my second to last day of spring break, hanging out on Facebook and Frontierville and cruising my email and reading The Irish Princess, by Karen Harper, I just realized I haven't posted very much during March. That's because I have been very busy, have been dealing with some tough stuff in relationships I have, and have taken to writing about it in a private journal.

It's not that I don't trust my readers, it's just that there are some things that people think that if other people heard them, they'd realize that even the best people struggle immensely to control their feelings and maintain a relationship with Christ and cope with other Christians.

God can handle everything, but other people cannot. Growing up means that you accept that other people just can't be in your core, and it's probably not healthy, either. I've found that expecting them to only leads to bitter and hurt feelings. God can be in your core, and He can clean it out, too.

I know. He has been cleaning mine out.

I have really been struggling with judgment, condemnation, and discernment, and the differences of them. And love, as always. I don't usually feel that emotion nor does my face express it, but I always try to be kind and thoughtful. People really seem to appreciate niceness, although it makes me seem younger than my 20 years. Niceness is a rarity in our society - or, I should say, a hidden jewel. People think they ought to be mean when really they are nice, and some mean people pretend to be nice.

I guess we're all in the same boat: sinners who need to be saved by God.

Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: