Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

30 March 2011

Pastor Explanation

I want to make sure that everyone hears my heart. Pastors and other teachers hear from God. They are important. We need them. But we also need God. He is important. We need to hear from God.

So it is a fine balance: make sure that you are listening to God and your pastor. Pastors/ministers are very important: they are part of the five-fold ministry (teachers, pastors, evangelists, apostles, and prophets). Parents are, too.

They are not God, though. I don't think any of them would even say they are. They are just trying to lead their brothers and sisters and guide them. Remember, also, that they are held to a different standard because they are leaders, according to the Bible.

But if your pastor's voice is also God's voice, that needs to go before God. Everyone struggles with this - even me.

I knew a lady who had to leave her church of 25 years because God revealed she had become a follower of her pastor; her hearing from God had turned into hearing from the pastor who was hearing from God. Is it bad to go to our pastor for advice? NO! Never. I trust my pastor very much! WE SHOULD. But we should also go to God. And it should all be lining up. If it does, you are good!


Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: