Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

23 February 2012

Candlewood

I know that everyone is hearing the good and bad about Candlewood. But we haven't heard anything this semester about living on campus in an off campus environment.

It has definitely gotten better, or I've adjusted to it personally. I know that some students are eager to leave but have remained and some are dropping off like flies struck by electricity. I know that some students like it and are happy here.

I am somewhere in the middle. I like the space, the TV, the DVD player, and the Internet connection in my room (as well as not getting kicked off said Internet connection every 15 minutes or so). The laundry is fine. I like feeling more independent. I like the free commuter parking pass, because now I can basically park everywhere on campus (at certain times). I like the option of cooking, but I have decided I will probably never be a gourmet chef. I am a lot more confident in my cooking skills - I know that I can cook at least! Other people love it! All the more power to them! They probably don't have problems with stove top food burning. (Don't judge me!)

Actually that leads to my two dislikes: cooking myself food (I like for other people to make it for me although I do like to cook for other people as well, so it's a terrible mix), mostly because I don't have an oven, and that gravel parking lot.

I already explained about cooking. But one more. I love stoves, and I miss having a stove. I miss muffins and toasted ravioli and fries and baking desserts and everything else you can put in an oven.

Now.

The gravel parking lot. Now, I am not from the country and do not appreciate parking on gravel all the time (although the fun part is that everyone makes up their own parking spaces). It's highly annoying, and luckily I didn't have to experience gravel with ice on it (I don't know what the results would be) because of our super warm winter. Sometimes I have to park in a grassy/muddy area if I get back "too" late (after ten). The drop between the entrance/exit to the parking lot and the ground is steep and I swear my car scraps the ground, and my car is not that low to the ground. I just can't stand it. I want a solution. Plus, the parking lot does NOT have lights and I feel in danger walking through it (I don't know why, but at night that parking lot is CREEPY!). Plus vandals have struck our cars twice - once each semester. My locks are broken. I mean, seriously?!

So, that is the major differences, and the factors I have to think of in deciding to stay in Candlewood next year, or go back to Dearmont.

Great.

Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: