Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

01 February 2012

I'M BACK!!!!!!

I can't believe that I haven't blogged in such a long time. Well, break was, well, break. It was a normal break, and a good one at that. School has been, well, school. There isn't much to say about either of them after five semesters, and beginning my sixth, and facing two more (although one significantly shorter than the other). One goal I have for this semester: straight A's. I haven't achieved this yet, and I WILL.

Also, I am pondering my future (which gives me a headache, really). I know that no one feels like it is their right to interfere with my life (I'm not likely to show much appreciation if they do, no matter how much I need the advice, unfortunately). I just want to say that I am in my Mass Media Law class (finally, after everyone with as many credits as I have have already taken it), and I must say that perhaps I have found a niche. I feel really passionately about a federal shield law for journalists, and I want to be involved in that creation (IT WILL COME) either as the fighter for it or the politician who advocates it (the former, I would prefer). I just don't know how. Well, I could be involved in media law. Still, the thought of all those years of law school makes me cringe inside (the costs of law school hardly help alleviate it). Plus, my undergraduate degree(s) hardly provide much in the way of getting into law school (although English IS on the right track but it is not THE track). AND I want to make sure this is not just me trying to make up for something else (I don't know what). But law school for a woman is hardly a dream. And I'm old - 21 is old, trust me - but not only that I'm about to graduate college in a year with TWO degrees, which do not involve the law anymore than Small Press Publishing (contracts) and Media Law (introductory) are prepatory classes which practically don't even count! Why would this be growing in my heart the past two years? (Unfortunately, the years are right, even though I haven't admitted it to anyone until, um, today. Yea...).

Basically - I'm too scared to go to law school, too scared of failing. And I do not want to fail. What if this is God's plan for me? Why wasn't it more obvious...or, why didn't I listen?

Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: