Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

13 August 2011

Beth Moore's So Long Insecurity

First introduced to Beth Moore in "Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman" and later "David: Seeking A Heart Like His" with her Bible studies, I decided to read more of Beth Moore's stuff. She is an amazing woman of God and quite enthusastic about life and everything else.

I don't really know what inspired me to pick up "So Long Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us" which actually reminds me of the song "So Long Self" by MercyMe (I don't know why).

I guess because like any woman (or person really), I can be insecure at times, which is a turnoff when you are trying to make and keep friendships and relationships in general (and also inspires jealousy and petty arguments). And like any woman, I dislike insecurity (which is rooted, to me, in a lack of trust).

Anyway, prolific writer Beth Moore gives practical advice to disarm insecurity, restore our God-given dignity as women, confront and dismantle our fears and develop a stronger sense of our own selves as women. I felt inspired and renewed after reading her beautiful books, and I recommend this to every woman, no matter how secure she seems.

Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: