Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

11 August 2011

Review of "Beneath the Night Tree"

Beneath the Night Tree by Nicole Baart is part of a series following Julia DeSmit, a young woman who made a life-changing decision. Content with living with her grandmother and raising her younger brother and her son, she also pursues a relationship with her boyfriend. Then one day she receives a cryptic email from her son's father, who asks if he has a child. Julia knows her life will never be the same. And the changes start...

The story is engaging and the characters are realistic. Sometimes the characters seem a little flat, but otherwise they are very engaging and interactive. I hadn't read the other novels in the series, but I didn't feel left out. I want to read the rest of the series, most definitely.

I found myself re-reading sections just because what she had to say was so intriguing and life-giving. The circumstances that Julia dealt with seemed similar to my own. All in all, I would give this book an 8 on a ten point scale. I would definitely recommend it!

Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: