Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

18 August 2011

The Constantine Codex

The Constantine Codex by Paul Maier is an exciting and riveting tale of Jonathan Weber, a Harvard professor who discovers the lost ending of Mark and an additional book of the Bible; if proved authentic, it would forever change how people view God's Holy Word. Then it is stolen. It appears that powerful forces don't want it published...

This was the first book by Maier that I read, and I did not know what to expect. I am leery of any mention of "lost books" of the Bible, truthfully. I know that there was so much examination of the books that could have fit originally that it seems almost impossible that one would have been passed over. But who really knows? And this book examines that possibility, and just how far people will go to keep things - unknown, which is quite alarming.

Maier's book is a fascinating and exciting read. Harvard professors are pretty intelligent, and this one is most definitely right up there.

I would say this book is an 8 on a 10 point scale.


Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: