Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

22 August 2011

My Foolish Heart Review

My Foolish Heart by Susan May Warren takes place in Deep Haven and is book one in a series. It explores the relationship between a wounded Iraq war vet and a woman who's secretly a radio talk show host for Foolish Heart. It shows how they fall in love, slowly, over the air.

It's a lovely story.

Deep Haven is also a haven and a place to hide for the characters, who seek refuge and isolation.

I love the fact that Isadora gives love advice, when she's never had a date. Although not having had a date doesn't mean you don't know stuff, it would help. That's like me. I feel like an expert on relationships, even though I've only been on one date that I really don't count as a date (it didn't go anywhere, although it was fun) because we weren't boyfriend-girlfriend.

I also feel Caleb's (I love that name) pain. I know someone who is disabled and he also struggles with overcoming it. It hurts to watch him struggle - and then to give up and expect to be carried around.

I like the mystery of them not knowing each other, and yet they are next-door neighbors. It seems ironic, yet anything can happen, especially in a small town. The world is a very small place.

I would recommend this book, and even though I haven't read any of the others, I am sure they are just as great and wonderful as this one.

A nine out of 10.

Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: