Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

13 February 2011

For the Bible Tells Me So

I always find it incredibly disturbing when I hear of a Christian, who really is a Christian and trying, who has been surrounded by teaching - so much teaching that the person is unable to learn anymore. Sermons are supposed to be messages from God, and more of a teaching thing. But we should also be outreaching and giving of ourselves. That way, we give, and we receive.

But our faith should be our own. We should be reading out of the Bible everyday, and learning that thing like the back of our hand. 

But our faith should be own. We should be reading out of the Bible everyday, and learning that thing like the back of our hand. We should be reading out of the Bbile everydayThere's always some new revelation, everyday. I can read the same chapter everyday, and God says something new.

And what's more disturbing is that while we are surrounded by devotionals, self-help books, and more knowledge more accessible more easily than ever before - and yet we really know less of God than ever before. Why do we know less of God? We do not have encounters with the Holy Spirit. We read about other people's encounters with God, and that is really what the so-called self-help books are - other people's encounters with God. It's their Bible studies. Why can't we have our own? We have the same ability as anyone else to accurately hear from God, so long as our hearts are right and we are praying to His Spirit.

I for one am going to follow like one of my pastors said - "I'm a vivid reader. I'm going on a fast from reading everything but the Bible."

I for one am going to be doing a lot better about going to the Bible first if I need an answer.

Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: