Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

11 February 2011

Stress and Time Management

It's so hard to fit God in, because as you're trying to make time for yet another Person, you realize how little time in this world you have, especially if you don't have a daily schedule, other than classes, but you're more of an on-call, freelancer type more than anything else.

And then there's the times when you get to talking to someone because you do something out of the ordinary, and time passes by, and she's talking, and you're answering, and then asking questions, and your skills are written not veral, and you don't want to be rude and just walk out. But I suppose that either way you are rude, rude to the person you're leaving, and rude to the person you are keeping waiting by staying. So you have to pick who to be rude to, and it's always the wrong person (never be rude to your employer or someone above you).

Or you just have to be a more assertive, aggressive person. I like assertive, not passive, passive-aggressive, or aggressive. But assertiveness is hard to attain.

It can get stressful. Or someone expects you to spend eight hours working when you're only getting paid for five, and they aren't quite doing their job, either, because they feel underpaid, and everyone feels underpaid, or not paid, feel it's unfair, and so it doesn't matter. It seems that if the higher-ups would shut up and be glad they get 15 hours of pay at minimum wage, and do their work, and not procrastinate - because journalists who prostranate will NOT be surviving long in the journalism world. They will either shape up or get fired, or get yelled at, and eventually quit.

And journalists do not get paid well, it's more of their passion, just like most careers in the world. That's why journalists are typically single and childless, especially if they work on a larger newspaper or are actually good at their jobs.

Oh well, you live and you learn.

Back to stress. I guess I need to learn time management. I've decided to start scheduling 15 to 30 minutes between as much as possible, except classes. Don't be too overwhelmed!

Actually apparently I'm just right.

Three outside activities - KRCU, IT, and SPJ - and a paid position at the Arrow eight hours a week, and then 10 at KRCU. 18 hours of work, and two leadership positions. WOW. No wonder I feel a bit exhausted. But as long as I am too tired to dwell, I don't have to get into my heart issues or character flaws - some minor ones others don't have to work through yet because they are not as disciplined as me (and I am not that disciplined)...

And that's a bad thing. So it's great that I'm going through Soul-Shaping with Mandy on Friday Bible studies.

Also, everyone. Please pray that time works out for me. Please pray that things stop interferring with my life and that time, and that if possible, we find a good time that works for both of us, but where I can still get off campus.

Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: