Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

20 February 2011

Too Young

Although I am almost 21, I feel that I am too young for marriage. I used to get saddened not having dated in high school, but now I am grateful I did not. It's all very pointless in high school, unless you get lucky and find the one you will spend the rest of your life with! I do not want to date until I start thinking about getting married, and I still have three semesters of college left!

And that's just to get my B.A. degrees in English and Journalism. I'll probably spend four or five more semesters getting a grad degree. In fact, much as I long to be a wife and mother, I don't see it happening for a bit. So why should I be caught up in the world of dating and boyfriends, Valentine's Day and romance? And yet, I do want to be a mother and not an old mother, either. God will show me when the right time is, and I am sure that He will hit me in the gut when I see my other half. I want to be prepared.  

People can call me whatever they want, I am content to wait, continue my education and advance in my abilities until the time comes. The Purpose-Driven Life by Rick Warren really impacted my heart.

The Esther Bible Study I'm involved in on campus also shook my core. I'm not waiting for the event, for it makes me miserable to wait and compare myself to the others around me (who have not waited and who do not seem very happy). I am waiting on God, and I know I won't be miserable. I have a very special destiny, even if that's just training up the next generation, and I intend to fulfill it.

My grandfather goes, "Will you marry the preacher, or will he marry the preacher?" I didn't get it at first, but now I do! He was asking if I was going to be the preacher. Wouldn't it be funny if I ended up a preacher? I think I would not be very unhappy with that. (But I think I will be an evangelist. But I could be a preacher. We will see.)

There's a great line I heard once. "I don't want you to give up your dreams for me," he said.
She said, "I'm not giving up my dreams. I have new dreams now, and they include you." That's what I'm saying to God. I'm not giving up my dreams. I have new dreams now, and they include you.

Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: