Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

26 February 2011

Soul mates

I don't believe in soul mates. When someone asks me that, I say, "Jesus is my soul mate." He saved our souls, and our souls belong to Him if we accept his free gift of salvation and believe in His blood. That's as far as my belief in them goes, at least along the lines of modern understanding of soul mates.

See, while some people who lose their spouse never remarry, some people do, and they are just as happy with their second spouse as they were with their first spouse. God doesn't expect us live alone our whole lives. God made Eve for Adam so that he would have a companion and wouldn't be alone. God cares about our needs, and someday I expect to get married, but right now I am enjoying being single!

I do believe in soul ties (made when people have sex with each other) which are different than soul mates. This results in confusion and an inability to be away from each other, and a longing to keep on having sex despite the guilt and feelings of sin that result from having it outside of marriage (unless that part of the conscience has been murdered or deadened). A study stated that the happiest people are Christian, monogamous women.

And that is my belief in soul mates.

Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: