Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

17 May 2011

Lady in Waiting

I'm currently going through the book Lady in Waiting in anticipation of my college group covering the book in the fall. It's all about using your time as a single woman well. It's actually a pretty interesting book, with good applicable chapters, although I will admit the meditation journal aspect is confusing. There are no clear directions, it's basically they give you some ideas and you're supposed to write what you get out of it, I think. That's what I've been doing. There's a Bible study, which mostly parallels Ruth, one of my favorite books of the Bible other than Luke, Ephesians, Proverbs and Genesis.

I have to admit, even though reading yet another purity book was not appealing (Every Young Woman's Battle has been the best so far I've read, very black and white) I know that a lot of girls struggle with the wait. I do sometimes. Although I get impatient, I think I'm arriving at the place where I don't know more about pleasing a boyfriend than pleasing the Lord and don't care to. I'm happy not being in the muck of young dating that many people endure, but neither will I be single for the rest of my life. So we will see! I've only gotten to chapter three. The book has an interesting perspective; I'd recommend it!!

Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: