Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

05 May 2011

Trying Out My New Present - A Bandanna!




















How do I look?! Weird, crazy, hippie-ish? My hair looks good, although I'll be washing it tomorrow, so there's no way I look dirty! When people tell me they only wash their hair twice a week, or once a month, because of the type of hair they have, I cringe.

Yeah. Sometimes it's a physical cringe. Sometimes they see it, and quickly try to explain themselves and why they don't wash it regularly. They're lucky.

Subconsciously I am a little shocked, thinking, Their hair must be dirty. (Not always.) I am just thinking that if I tried to go without washing my hair for more than a day, people start asking if it's wet. I used to say yeah to save face - oily hair is embarrassing.  It's that oily. It gets oily - in the summer - in just a few hours. Ugh. I don't go outside for two reasons: a) I get a rash if I am outside too long, b) I feel dirty (although I am not) and c) I am too busy worrying about my hair to want to worry about my skin.

It's nasty. I have always had hair issues - my eyes and smile are my best features - and my hair is my most worried about aspect. I worry it's either not growing, it's not healthy or it's dirty. If it doesn't grow fast enough, I worry something's wrong. The only good thing is that it dries quickly (less than 20 minutes usually, if I dry it with a towel then let it air dry, like 10 minutes). That does not make up for having to constantly wash it.

It just hit me for the first time today - I just realized we really can't depend on others for our sense of style, looks and self-worth. I mean, people are always going to hurt you (sometimes on purpose, sometimes not) especially about a physical appearance, since people judge based on physical appearances :( sad truth.

But the Lord Jesus Christ, who made us in his image with his own hand, who put his Fingerprint of approval on our hearts, finds us so incredibly beautiful that nothing stands in His way of getting us, restoring us, and redeeming us, not even The Enemy Shuel (death, the grave, Hades [hell]). He doesn't want us to feel bad about our appearance, but Satan does. If we are caught up in the worries of the world (ie, physical appearance and comparing ourselves to others) Satan can render us useless to serve God.

And that is the biggest shame of all. But do not fear, we have overcome the world in the Lord Jesus Christ. Now let's lay hold of that truth and overcome our insecurities and doubts to embrace the lordship and love of Christ. I know I am!


                                                                                       Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,
                                                                                                                   Rachel

No comments: