Thousand Foot Krutch

Thousand Foot Krutch
I love this band. I listen to them daily. Even though we are looking at another camera, we all look like we're alert for it being a fan signing and it's 11:30 p.m. on a Friday.

30 May 2011

A day that seemed like a nightmare

Today was such an awful day. I was upset the whole day (I hate working on Sundays), and it was hot and sticky and everyone just kind of wandered around. Plus, and mostly I laugh about this, a girl rang up a $25.68 order as $2568. I was in charge. I was the cashier and I tried to keep the line moving, but it was hard, because people just want to stand there and wait for it. Maybe it's amusing. Then people complained about tables (they're probably picking the only dirty table in the dining room) at least three times. Clearly we didn't look short staffed (there were three of us, one cook and a "floater" who mostly cleaned tables and washed dishes and cut up food) but we were, and we would have been even more shorthanded if we hadn't foreseen this. Tomorrow will be worse. Ugh, it was a disaster. Plus, someone thought they were entitled to free food, instead of it being thrown away (they weren't willing to pay for their "extra" food). People just want free crap. It's awful. And people kept cutting in line, and my voice hurts! And the people in charge of cash threatened me. I just want them to call my manager. I really do! Nothing is going to happen! I don't even work for them, I just work at the park, and I never will and I never want to. I tried to plaster a smile on, but it was hard.

Most of the people are mundane, but some are nice! One set of guys I think were high or something, they were confusing me, it would have been amusing otherwise. Another one was like, "Did you forget I said I could have refills?" Because I had a vacant look on my face when he asekd (I was thinking someone got away without paying for a THIRD three-entree). I didn't, and I apologized and smiled.

Another one was like, "Cheer up, Rachel, you look ---" and I can't remember what word he used (synonym for pinched, stressed). It was a weird (but fun) phrase. Then he tried to make me pay for the meal, but I wouldn't. His card worked. Really, he was all over the place, but it was great! It helped my day get better. I like it when people use my name, but sometimes it's freaky and I know they're trying to get me to do stuff for them.

I need more days off.

Praying you have faith, hope, and love always,

Rachel

No comments: